What are model tests?
Model tests are photoshoots where a model collaborates with a photographer to create a portfolio of images for them to use in their modeling career. The photographer will typically provide the model with a set of professionally taken images that the model can then use to showcase their look and abilities to potential clients and agencies.
How much will it cost me?
The cost for model tests can vary greatly depending on the photographer and location of the shoot, but it can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Some photographers may also offer discounted rates for group or bulk bookings. Reach out to find out the current rate.
How can the model test photos be used?
Model test photos can be used in a variety of ways to help advance a model's career. Some common uses for these photos include:
- Creating a portfolio: A portfolio is a collection of images that showcases a model's look, abilities, and range. Model test photos can be included in a portfolio to demonstrate the model's potential to potential clients and agencies.
- Submitting to agencies and casting directors: Model test photos can be used to apply to modeling agencies and to submit to casting directors for upcoming projects.
- Social Media: Model test photos can be used to promote oneself on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, to gain more visibility and followers.
- Online Modeling Platforms: There are a lot of online modeling platforms like ModelMayhem, OneModelPlace, etc, where models can create a profile and post their test photos to be seen by potential clients and agencies.
- Personal Website: Creating a personal website, or a personal page on the agency website to showcase their work, in addition to their portfolio and contact information.
It's important to note that model test photos are not intended for commercial use unless agreed upon with the photographer.